I don’t make it up to Harlem often, but the prospect of fried food and teasing IOD was too good of an opportunity to pass up. Marie Pearl greeted me at the door in panties and thigh high socks and let me in. When I got upstairs, IOD was just waking up and ran down to the grocery to pick up supplies.
IOD is a natural in the kitchen and quietly and intently works on prepping the Tostones and the Milanesa that he has chosen to prepare. He looks up at me with big hazel eyes and says, ”Don’t let the frat boy face fool you, son. I’m good at what I do.” I get a feeling that he isn’t just referring to his platano cutting skills. He tells me he is preparing dishes from both his Dominican and Argentinian heritage. I feel like I am getting a well-rounded picture of IOD (minus the infamous firehose).
I ask IOD how he got into the scene. He responds with a one word answer, ‘Yelp.’ He quickly got immersed in the scene and began throwing his own fetish and kink parties in NYC. You can find out more about his parties in the ‘events’ section of his fetlife page.
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 3 green plantains
- salt to taste
- Can also top with masked garlic mixed in olive oil
- Peel plantains and cut into one inch slices
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and place plantain slices in the oil and cook until light brown. You will see the center also darken.
- Remove from oil and flatten (you can use the bottom of a bottle or plate). Once platanos are flattened, put them back in the hot oil and cook til golden brown
- Top with salt and garlic.
- 6 steaks about 1/4 inch thick
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Pound and tenderize the cutlets to just under 1/4 – 2/3 inch thick.
2. Whisk together the eggs and milk. add salt and pepper to taste and coat cutlets in batter. Refrigerate for an hour.
3. Preheat oven to 400 f. Oil the baking tray. Cover cutlets in breadcrumbs and bake until golden brown.