I met Master Avery last year when he was the guest master at a party at La Domaine. I couldn’t take my eyes off of his leather codpiece the entire night. It wasn’t until after the party was over that the La Domaine slaves and I learned that he was a former BDSM porn star now pursuing his acting career. Needless to say, we spent the next few days in bed getting more acquainted with Master Avery on film… and with ourselves…
While Master Avery maintains a primarily pescatarian diet, he still offered to grill up and pose with some hot dogs for me, thus fulfilling my leather-daddy-grilling-weenies-in-the-park-fantasy.
-1 leather daddy
-1/2 cup sweet baby ray’s BBQ sauce
-2 tablespoons pineapple juice
-2 tablespoons lime juice
-3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
-pinch of cayenne pepper
-1.5 lb fresh salmon, skin removed, cubed
-1/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs (corn meal if Gluten Free)
-2 tbs fresh parmesan cheese (optional)
-1 tablespoon coconut oil
-for toppings: pickled or fresh jalopenos, pickled red onions, lettuce, coleslaw, avocado
Coconut Caramelized Pineapple:
-2 tbs coconut oil
-Fresh Pineapple cut into rings
1. In a small bowl combine the BBQ sauce, pineapple juice, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper and mix well. Set aside.
2. Masticate salmon (food processor or chopped into small cubes).
3. Remove salmon and add to a bowl with bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, two tbs BBQ sauce mixture and mix with a spoon until just combined. Form into 4 equal sized burger patties. Heat a skillet or grill and use coconut oil to fry in. (I found that the burgers actually cooked better on a skillet than on a grill.)
4. In a separate skillet heat the coconut oil and place the pineapple slices in the pan. Cook for about 3-4 minutes and flip. Done when just charred.
5. Assemble with toppings as you please. Drizzle with BBQ sauce.