Oct 7, 2013
Mistress Blunt says, “Only you can prevent veggie top waste!” This recipe can be used for turnip, beet, and radish greens! It is super easy to prepare. It makes a good side dish or light summer meal, and best of all makes sure that you utilize the whole vegetable and get all of the nutrients and yadda, yadda.
Mistress Blunt’s Beet Greens
- 1 bunch beet greens
- small handful chopped shallots
- 3 cloves of garlic diced
- quarter cup of water (for steaming)
- splash of balsamic
- splash of red wine
- salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Take your leftover beet greens and wash them thoroughly.
- Chop up the better part of a medium sized shallot. Throw them in a hot pan with olive oil.
- When shallots start to brown toss the beet greens into the pan, reduce heat and stir. Add a quarter cup of water and cover.
- Dice the garlic and add to the beet greens and shallots and turn up the heat.
- Splash in the balsamic and red wine and add salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes to taste.